Working from Home
All business owners know that magical first hour of the day. You get to work early, unlock, turn on the lights, the heat pump, make a coffee, sit down and in that one uninterrupted hour you smash out four hours’ worth of work.
Then the phone starts ringing, your staff arrive with a million questions, and you are chasing your tail trying to catch up for the rest of the day.
That magical uninterrupted hour, that is my whole day, every day.
You are either wired to work from home, or you are not. It is as simple as that. We all have days that are better than others, but what most of us know by now is if we are internally motivated or we need to be around others and feed off the buzz that creates.
Here are some of my positives about working from home
- It means I get to spend so much more time with Lily and Zara
- Overheads are lower
- More productive
- The flexibility is unreal
- I can eat better
- Prepare meals
- When we invite suppliers or clients over the booze is wholesale haha
- When needed, can sleep in
- A great working spot on the back deck/garden area
- Training can be anytime of the day
This blog was brought to you by Withers & Co., providers of apparel, branded merchandise and promotional products NZ wide, the number 12 and the letter J.