Looking for a Sports Based Activation in New Zealand, Trading Cards are it!!
Collectors Universe has been acquired by an investor group led by entrepreneur and sports card collector Nat Turner for roughly $700 million.
Collectors Universe is the parent company of Professional Sports Authenticators, which has certified over 40 million cards and collections with a cumulative value exceeding $1 billion since launching in 1991.
Collectors Universe is just one of the benefactors of a now-booming trading card and memorabilia industry in 2020.
- Earlier this year, a Mike Trout rookie card sold for a record $3.93 million, while other cards have also sold at all-time highs.
- On eBay, sales in the sports card category were up 92% year-over-year from March to May.
- Fractional ownership apps like Rally and Collectable have popped up to allow everyday investors to buy a piece of expensive, one-of-a-kind items.
Collectors Universe Pandemic Growth
- $30.8 million in revenue in its most recent quarter, up 52% year-over-year.
- $7.8 million in operating income, an increase of 25%.
- 130% jump in cards and autographs revenue, to $18.6 million.
Source: Front Office Sports